Driver Dead After Highway 152 Single-Vehicle Crash

A single-vehicle crash occurred on Highway 152 on Saturday, October 24th. California Highway Patrol was one of the first responders at the scene. A 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 was traveling west on Bloomfield Avenue when the driver suddenly lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle then struck a nearby electric pole and several trees and spun out-of-control several times before finally stopping. The driver was identified as a 25-year-old man from Gilroy. He was pronounced dead at the scene following a severe injury after he was thrown out from his vehicle. Investigators haven’t ruled out the influence of drugs or alcohol as a cause of the crash.

Can You Claim Death Benefit from Auto-Insurance if the Deceased was a Single-Vehicle Crash Victim?

If the victim lives in California and does not have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, then no, you can’t. However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t claim any damages from the auto-insurance. For example, if the auto insurance coverage includes a policy where any broken parts of the vehicle caused by a crash will be covered, then you need to claim this. Medical bills incurred if the victim was hospitalized can also be covered by auto insurance. To know more about what you need to check to know what you can claim from auto insurance following a single-vehicle crash, call us at (800) 310-1606 for a free consultation.

Source: San Jose Inside

Office Locations

Los Angeles (Headquarters)
1150 S. Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035

San Jose
3165 Olin Ave #2, San Jose, CA 95117

9711 Holland St #1, Bakersfield, CA 93312

8895 Research Dr Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618

980 9th Street, 16th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814

San Francisco
75 Broadway, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111

Phone: (800) 310-1606

Hablamos Español

Available 24/7!

Areas Serving: State of California