Man Crashed Utility Pole in DUI Accident

On Tuesday, October 20th, a single-vehicle crash occurred in Bakersfield. California Highway Patrol was the first responder at the scene. They received news about the crash at around 2:15 a.m. The crash took place on Bernard Street, involving an unidentified four-wheel vehicle. One person, the driver of the vehicle, was injured from the crash after he lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a utility pole. The victim was identified as Lasaro Bustos, a 22-year-old man. He was thrown out from the driver seat as a result of the crash. He sustained heavy injuries and is currently being hospitalized for treatment. Authorities found that the incident occurred because Bustos was driving while intoxicated. He is currently under arrest.

What Legal Actions Can You Take if You Were Injured in a DUI-Related Car Accident?

Just like any other car accident, if you were injured in a DUI car accident, you can file a personal injury claim. Generally, if the at-fault driver has auto insurance, then you should file the claim to their auto insurance provider. In the event that they do not have insurance, you can pursue a personal injury claim directly against them. Do not immediately choose to use your own insurance to cover for the injuries you experience from the crash, since this will not affect your insurance premiums in the following months to come. If you need to consult an attorney to help you prepare your personal injury claim, call us for a free consultation at (800) 310-1606.

Source: KGET

Office Locations

Los Angeles (Headquarters)
1150 S. Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035

San Jose
3165 Olin Ave #2, San Jose, CA 95117

9711 Holland St #1, Bakersfield, CA 93312

8895 Research Dr Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618

980 9th Street, 16th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814

San Francisco
75 Broadway, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111

Phone: (800) 310-1606

Hablamos Español

Available 24/7!

Areas Serving: State of California