Irvine Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Irvine provides an amazing network of bike paths and trails, and the city actively encourages residents to use bikes as a means of transportation. Irvine’s cycling infrastructure is made up of about 300 miles of bike lanes and approximately 62 miles of off-road bike paths. The city’s thoughtful attention to providing biking resources has made it one of the most well-connected biking cities in Orange County. As a result, many Irvine residents use bikes for commuting and recreational purposes.
Although Irvine attracts many bike lovers, biker safety is still a major issue. Each year, many people are killed or severely injured in bike accidents. If you have been involved in a bicycle accident in Irvine or the surrounding area, the experienced bike accident lawyers at Adamson Ahdoot are here to help you understand the specifics of your crash and navigate your legal options.
While there are several factors that can cause bicycle accidents, some of the most common causes of bike accidents in Irvine include:
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of bike accidents. When drivers are texting, looking at their GPS, or talking with other passengers, they can easily fail to see an oncoming biker.
- Driving under the influence. Drivers that are under the influence of alcohol or drugs put everyone on the road in danger, including cyclists and pedestrians.
- Driving too close to bikers. Under a new law passed in 2014, California drivers are required to leave at least three feet of space between their vehicle and a biker.
- Opening a door without checking for oncoming bikers. When drivers open their doors without checking to see if there is a biker approaching, they can hit a biker and eject them from their seat.
- Bike or car defects. Any defects in a car or bike can cause either vehicle to operate unsafely.
These are just a few of the reasons a bike crash can occur. If you have been involved in a bike-on-car collision, it is important to follow essential steps after your accident to ensure that you are legally protected.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, there are important actions you should take to set yourself up for a successful legal process. Some essential steps to take include:
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t have any obvious injuries, it is important to make an appointment with your doctor, as some conditions have a delayed onset.
- File a police report. After a bike accident, some people choose not to call the police—this is a big mistake. If you choose to file a personal injury claim, a police report will provide essential evidence, such as the date, location, and description of the accident.
- Save medical bills and other documentation. If you have expenses in the form of medical bills or bike repairs from your accident, be sure to save the receipts.
- Collect evidence from the scene. If you can, use your phone to take pictures of the crash and any damages to your bicycle.
After a traumatic event, such as a bike accident, it can be hard to have the mental energy to complete the steps that will help secure a successful personal injury claim. To ensure that your rights are best protected, you should consult with a skilled Irvine bicycle accident lawyer. After all there would not be a need for personal injury attorneys if Insurance Companies did not drag their feet, deny, or low-ball claims from consumers who are not represented by counsel.
At Adamson Ahdoot, our skilled team of personal injury lawyers will help you navigate the specifics of your bike collision. With more than 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases in Irvine, we provide an aggressive approach and unwavering support to our clients. We provide our clients with an unbeatable attention to detail to ensure a successful claim process.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled lawyers in either English or Spanish, call today at (877) 871-3265 or fill out our online contact form.