Irvine Car Accident Lawyer
In America, car accidents are one of the leading causes of preventable death. Specifically, Orange County is home to over 3.1 million residents and over 2.8 million registered cars. In Irvine, auto accidents involving cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles are a common occurrence.
If you are involved in a car accident, it is important to know the best practices for handling the situation and common mistakes to avoid. To best ensure that you handle the insurance process correctly, you should consult with an Irvine car accident lawyer.
Car accidents can result from a range of causes. However, some of the most common causes of car accidents in Irvine include:
- Driving under the influence (DUI). Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is one of the most common causes of car accidents.
- Speeding. When you are speeding, you have less time to react to oncoming traffic, pedestrians, or any other unexpected interferences.
- Vehicle problems. In some cases, a car accident might occur as a result of an unknown vehicle defect.
- Distracted driving. Driving while texting, eating, or looking at your GPS is one of the most common culprits of car accidents.
- Bad weather. Poor weather conditions can compromise a driver’s visibility, make roads slippery, and decrease braking traction.
Navigating the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming. However, after an accident occurs, there are essential steps you must take to ensure you are best protected legally. If there are serious injuries, calling the police and medical services should be your top priority. If you have suffered physical injuries, it is essential to seek medical care in a timely manner and document all your bills and treatments in case you choose to pursue legal action.
Although it can be hard to collect your thoughts at the scene of an accident, taking conscious steps to document the crash will pay off in the long run. At the scene, be sure to take photos of any damages to your vehicle to send to your lawyer and insurance company. If you choose to file a personal injury claim, this will provide essential visual evidence. Additionally, make sure to ask for the other driver’s insurance, policy number, and contact information.
Often, car accidents are traumatic and devastating. In the moments following an accident, it is hard to make informed decisions. For this reason, calling a skilled car accident lawyer is essential to minimize mistakes that could compromise your personal injury claim. Some of the common mistake’s victims make after a car accident include:
- Choosing to not call the police. Even if you don’t think that your accident was severe enough to warrant calling the police, police reports provide vital evidence for court cases. Without one, it can be hard to develop a strong personal injury claim.
- Not following the doctor’s orders. If you pursue legal action, the court will want to see that you made a concerted effort to heal from your injuries. If you didn’t, you might have a hard time developing a strong case.
- Admitting fault. After an accident, you will probably have a lot of adrenaline and might prematurely apologize or admit fault. It is important to resist any urges to do so, as it can hurt your personal injury claim.
At Adamson Ahdoot, our skilled team of personal injury lawyers will help you navigate the specifics of your crash. We will give you peace of mind and deal with your insurance company, the DMV, and assist you with finding a doctor who is experienced in treating car accidents. We will also help you with auto repairs. With more than 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases in Irvine, our team offers clients aggressive advocacy and unwavering support. As a smaller firm, we provide our clients with unbeatable attention to detail. We are proud to serve Irvine’s diverse clientele by offering free consultations in English and Spanish.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled lawyers, call today at 877-871-3265 or fill out our online contact form.