Irvine Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Orange County motorcyclists face unique challenges on the road. Data shows that they are 26 times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than the drivers of other vehicles. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Irvine, the lawyers at Adamson Ahdoot are here to help. Here is some important information to know about motorcycle accidents in Irvine, California.
The Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Irvine
While there are several factors that can cause motorcycle accidents, some of the most common causes of bike accidents in Irvine include:
- Failure to adhere to traffic signals and signs
- Impaired driving as a result of drugs or alcohol
- Overtaking a motorcycle when changing lanes
- Lane-sharing, in which the other motorist fails to properly share the lane with a motorcycle driver.
- Impaired driving as a result of fatigue or distraction
- Failing to observe the correct right of way when turning
- Driving too close to a motorcycle
Most commonly, negligent motorists claim they did not see the motorcycle driver in time to avoid the crash. Since motorcycles provide very little protection to their operators, most motorcycle accidents result in devastating injuries, including spinal cord and brain injuries and fractured bones.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are important actions you should take to set yourself up for a successful legal process. Some essential steps to take include:
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t have any obvious injuries, it is important to make an appointment with your doctor, as some conditions have a delayed onset.
- File a police report. After a motorcycle accident, it is essential to call the police and obtain a police report. If you choose to file a personal injury claim, a police report will provide essential evidence, such as the date, location, and description of the accident.
- Save medical bills and other documentation. If you have expenses in the form of medical bills or motorcycle repairs from your accident, be sure to save the receipts.
- Collect evidence from your crash. If you can, use your phone to take pictures of the crash and any damages to your motorcycle.
After a traumatic event such as a motorcycle accident, it can be hard to complete the steps that will help secure a successful personal injury claim. To ensure that your rights are best protected, you should consult with a skilled Irvine motorcycle accident lawyer. Unfortunately, insurance companies have a tendency to drag their feet or low-ball claims from consumers who are not represented by a personal injury lawyer.
Proving Negligence in a Motorcycle Accident
Most insurance companies and other drivers will do everything they can to avoid paying an injured motorcyclist. Usually, in order to receive proper compensation, your lawyer will need to establish that the other driver involved in the crash was negligent. To do this, most personal injury lawyers will do the following:
- Collect essential evidence from the crash scene, including any video footage or images taken by any witnesses of the accident or from any street or business cameras
- Interview any medical professionals you met with to assess your medical needs and outline a comprehensive picture of the medical damages
- Consult with accident recreation experts who can provide valuable insight into who was at fault in the crash
- Present the insurance company with any physical evidence from the crash, such as damages to vehicles, roadways, or guardrails
- Cite evidence from the police report, including the responding law enforcement official’s assessment of the accident scene
Motorcycle accidents occur for a variety of reasons, making each crash unique. When you consult with a skilled Irvine motorcycle accident lawyer, they will look at all the factors surrounding your case and develop the best legal strategy specific to your situation.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Skilled Irvine Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At Adamson Ahdoot, our skilled team of personal injury lawyers will help you navigate the specifics of your motorcycle accident. With more than 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases in Irvine, our boutique law firm provides an aggressive approach and unwavering support to our clients. We will provide you with peace of mind, deal with your insurance company, and assist you in finding a doctor who is experienced in treating injuries from motorcycle accidents.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled lawyers in either English or Spanish, call today at (877) 871-3265 or fill out our online contact form.